We believe that young people make a meaningful and important contribution as leaders in sport. Each academic year we recruit up to 2 new sport enthusiasts to join our team to inspire others to get involved with sport in their school, clubs and local communities.
Role of Young Ambassador
At the heart of the Young Ambassador programme is the principle that their views, and those of other young people are heard, valued and influence decision making. Young Ambassadors will become role models and leaders for other young people.
A Young Ambassador has two key roles:
- To promote sport; motivating and inspiring other young people to get involved within their local communities, schools & clubs.
- To influence six key aspects of school sport:
- extra -curricular sport provision
- links to community sport opportunities
- opportunities for competition
- celebration of pupil achievements in sport
- leadership opportunities for young people
- PE in schools
Throughout your journey on the programme you will also have the opportunity to take part in various skill development and sport specific courses.
Who can apply?
The programme is open to pupils from S4 – S6.
How to apply?
To apply for this role you will be required to complete an application form. Applications go live around April each year. Pupils and parents are encouraged to contact your Active Schools Coordinator for more information.