The sportscotland School Sport Award was paused in March 2020, and over the last couple of years it has been reviewed and refreshed with help and feedback from a number of our partners.
Some of the key changes include:
- New assessment tool website and questions
- Increased focus on continuous improvement, with a new action planning section on the website
- Awards can be achieved all year round, no need to wait until the end of the academic year
- Streamlined Gold application process – we have listened and acted, and reduced the amount of evidence needed to apply
The sportscotland School Sport Award is a national, Lottery funded initiative designed to encourage schools to continuously improve physical education (PE) and school sport opportunities offered within their School.
The sportscotland School Sport Award:
- Encourages schools to self-reflect and continuously improve
- Puts young people at the forefront of the decision making and planning of PE and sport in their school
- Helps schools to increase young people’s opportunities and engagement in PE & school sport
- Helps schools to put PE & school sport at the heart of their planning, practice and ethos
- Recognises and celebrates successful PE & school sport models
Why should your school get involved?
The benefits of the sportscotland School Sport Award to schools are as follows:
- To Identify current strengths and areas for improvement in PE & school sport
- It provides a development plan template to improve any areas of weakness
- You get national recognition with a sportscotland School Sport Award
If you are interested in applying for a School Sport Award, please head to the follow page to see what your first steps are: https://sportscotland.org.uk/schools/school-sport-award/
You can also contact your Active Schools coordinator for support throughout this process.
Our Gold Award schools:
- Clepington Primary School
- Grove Academy
- Claypotts Castle Primary School
- SS Peter and Paul Primary School