Please note sportscotland have suspended the School Sport Award for academic year 20-21.
Any assessments or applications received for academic year 19-20 will be awarded in September 2021.
The self-assessment tool is still open and available for you to use should you wish to do so.
The sportscotland School Sport Award is a national, Lottery funded initiative designed to encourage schools to continuously improve physical education (PE) and school sport opportunities offered within their School.
The sportscotland School Sport Award:
- Encourages schools to self-reflect and continuously improve
- Puts young people at the forefront of the decision making and planning of PE and sport in their school
- Helps schools to increase young people’s opportunities and engagement in PE & school sport
- Helps schools to put PE & school sport at the heart of their planning, practice and ethos
- Recognises and celebrates successful PE & school sport models
Why should your school get involved?
The benefits of the sportscotland School Sport Award to schools are as follows:
- To Identify current strengths and areas for improvement in PE & school sport
- It provides a development plan template to improve any areas of weakness
- You get national recognition with a sportscotland School Sport Award
If you are interested in applying for a School Sport Award please head to the follow page to see what your first steps are - https://sportscotland.org.uk/schools/school-sport-award/how-to-apply/
You can also contact your Active Schools coordinator for support throughout this process.
Our Gold Award schools:
Clepington Primary School
Claypotts Castle Primary School
SS Peter and Paul Primary School)